All Surplus Requests are now processed through the financial system. See the departmental Asset Management (AM) Coordinator to enter the request.
- Use my MyPack to search for people in your department with that financial system role.
- Navigate to Fluid Home: Financials Quick Nav>Assets>AM Coordinator Assignment
Enter a Surplus Request:
- Navigate to: Main Menu>Financial Systems>Assets & Surplus>Surplus Request
- Use the Surplus Request Tips to complete the necessary information
Become an AM Coordinator, training is required:
- Register for FIN101 – Asset Management Session
- To submit a Surplus Request form, you will need the appropriate role in the financial system.
- Contact your SAR Administrator to acquire this role.
Special Handling Instructions
Special handling instructions for:Electronics Lab Equipment Construction Waste Vehicles Quick Pick-Up
Campus departments are responsible for purging data from electronic devices that store data (e.g., copiers, iPads, cell phones, tablets, printers, scanners, projectors, etc). There are data security procedures that must be followed when disposing of electronic media/equipment.
- Check with the manufacturer for verification if data storage exists.
- If the device is equipped with internal storage, follow the instructions for data removal on the OIT website.
- If the data cannot be erased, the internal storage drive must be removed before turning the device over to Surplus.
- Once the hard disk has been erased, a Verification label (Word format or PDF format) must be attached to the computer equipment and contain:
- printed name
- serial number
- The serial number must be shown on BOTH of the following:
- on-line AM Surplus Request form
- verification label attached to the equipment
- Improperly labeled computer equipment will not be picked up for surplus.
All scientific, research and laboratory equipment must be assessed for hazardous materials PRIOR to being delivered to the Surplus Property Office.
- Review the instructions on the EH&S website for more details.
- Any laboratory equipment that is determined to be contaminated with biological material, chemicals, or radio-isotopes must be decontaminated.
- The hazardous waste manual with decontamination instructions can be found in the Manuals, Forms and FAQ’s section of this page.
- This list of items requiring a decontamination form can be found in the Haz_Waste_Manual stored in the Hazardous Waste google file accessed from the same page as above.
Construction Materials & Other Waste
NC State Facilities Division Recycling Services offers assistance in landfill diversion efforts of such items as cubicle furniture, built-ins, custom furniture, etc. Read more
|Titled and Tagged||Trucks, Vans, Cars and Trailers||How to Dispose of Tagged Vehicles|
|Non-Titled, Non-tagged including any Motorized non-highway use||Riding Mowers, Four Wheelers, Forklifts, Golf Carts, Skid Steer, Tractor||How to Dispose of Non-Tagged Vehicles|
If the customer cannot wait for our team to pick-up their surplus items, they can elect to make an appointment with the Surplus Property Receiving Coordinator for:
- Delivery of the items. Note: All items must be clearly labeled as surplus.
- To hire a third party provider to deliver the items. Note: All items must be clearly labeled as surplus.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.